1/2 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Boursin light)
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- Combine cheese, almonds and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside
- Cut a horizontal Slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 teaspoons almond mixture into each pocket; secure each pocket with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and let stand 2 minutes.
1 medium onion, diced
2 springs of thyme
1 quart of mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of rice
4 cups of chicken stock
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
- Sweat the onions in the olive oil over medium heat
- Add mushrooms and cook down until there is no liquid left
- Add rice, thyme and stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 20 minutes. After 20 minutes turn off heat and let sit 10 minutes (do not uncover!
(asking for “more” in sign language)